PE & Sport Premium
Schools receive a Sports Premium payment to improve the quality and breath of Physical Education (PE) and sports provision, including increasing participation in PE and sports so that all pupils develop healthy lifestyles and reach the performance levels of which they are capable.
Objectives of spending the PE grant:
- Increase pupil participation in competitions, interschool sport and events.
- Instil in pupils a love of sport and physical activity.
- Improve resources to support PE, including transport and equipment.
- Broaden the sporting opportunity available to pupils.
- Train PE instructors and coaches to develop sporting skill in pupils.
For more general information regarding PE and Sports Premium funding for primary schools, you can read more here on the government website.