Our Admissions Policy
- St Stephen’s RC Primary School is a Roman Catholic Primary School under the trusteeship of the Diocese of Salford. It is maintained by Tameside Authority.
- As a Voluntary Aided School, the Governing Body is the Admissions Authority and is responsible for taking decisions on applications for admissions.
- The co-ordination of admissions arrangements is undertaken by the Local Authority.
- For the school’s year commencing September 2022, the Governing Body has set its admissions number at 60.
- Please find full details regarding both primary and nursery Admissions in our ‘Admissions Policy’ , which can be found on the school policies page.
Below are two letters, one for Tameside residents and one for extra district residents. The relevant letter will be distributed to every parent who has put their child’s name on our waiting list, or attends our nursery at the end of October.
Visits to St. Stephen’s
Parents/carers considering an application to the school are warmly invited to tour the school with the Headteacher. Please contact the school for an appointment.
Transferring From Another School
Parents and children transferring from another school are encouraged to visit the school for a pre-transfer welcoming visit to ensure they have all the information required prior to them starting.
Admission Contacts In School
For any information or enquiries regarding visits to school, please our school office, in the first instance. When visiting school please speak to Connor Lavin (Headteacher) for more information.