Homework is an important part of school life. At St Stephen’s all children receive homework. This helps your child make better progress and complements their work in class.
- In Key Stage 1 this will consist of reading every night and learning key words.
- In Key Stage 2 the amount of homework will gradually increase year by year.
- Extra work on the topics detailed in the yearly guide will also help your child.
- All classes will have reading every night and spellings every week. Numeracy and Literacy work will also be set with topic work were appropriate.
- Please help your child get into good routines by asking them to complete their homework as soon as they get in from school.
- If your child is experiencing problems with their homework, please come into school and ask thier class teacher for help – we all need a helping hand from time to time!
Please do not hesitate to contact your child’s teacher if you have any questions about homework.